An attorney, Michael, serves as Senior Vice President of External Affairs for Lakeland Regional Health (LRH). He oversees the strategic management of governmental relations and community partnerships.
A respected relationship builder, Michael’s achievements include:
• Achieving $600 million in savings by co-managing negotiations of city lease payments.
• Securing over $30 million in funding from Polk County.
• Securing over $5 million in state appropriations for capital projects.
• Successfully lobbying Congress for legislation to establish a graduate medical education program at LRH.
Michael also manages the LRH Corporate Compliance Program as the Chief Corporate Compliance and Integrity Officer. During his 20-year career in compliance, Michael has mitigated over $100 million in potential fines and penalties.
An emerging fiction writer, Michael writes about the post-Reconstruction South and its textile industry.
Michael is married with four children. From Anderson, South Carolina, he currently lives in Lakeland, Florida. At home, Michael gardens and raises chickens.
• Juris Doctor, University of Richmond School of Law
• Master of Hospital Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University
• Bachelor of Arts, English, The Citadel